Automatized Vehicle Testing on nearly arbitrary Proving Grounds and on Public Roads
iSWACO-ARGUS is the solution for OEMs and testing organizations for the verification of the safety relevant features of automated and autonomous driving vehicles. It covers all SAE levels, i.e. from level 0 “hands on” over ADAS up to level 5 “optional wheel” fully automated driving, with a single, most reliable and efficient test infrastructure.
iSWACO-ARGUS, which stands for "Swarm Control & Continuous Surveillance", controls and monitors the motion behaviour of all vehicles on the proving ground (Vehicle(s) under Test [VUT] as well as all Traffic Simulation Vehicles [TSV] and Soft Crash Targets [SCT]) and gives the operator the unmatched flexibility to generate and execute repeatable as well as individual designable tests within real emulated traffic scenarios.
iSWACO-ARGUS can be installed quickly, simply and safely on nearly arbitrary proving grounds and comes with its own Vehicle2Vehicle and Vehicle2ControlCenter secured RF communication based in iMAR's iDMN Dynamic Mesh Network. Thus, it is the testing solution for both, OEMs and testing / certification organizations to homologate automated vehicles, installed on existing or new proving grounds, worldwide.
- Flexible Architecture – easily applicable for existing & new proving grounds regarding infrastructure & topology.
- Cost savings - capability to execute individual & fully repeatable test scenarios with minimum personnel effort.
- No steering or driving robots required to operate the TSVs and SCTs. iSWACO-ARGUS comes with control of Traffic Simulation Vehicle’s steering / throttle / braking via vehicle’s internal actuators or control loops. Therefore iSWACO-ARGUS safes pretty much setting-up time, compared to competing systems, and allows simple set-to-work on arbitrary proving grounds.
- The modular architecture with open interfaces allows also the integration of “non-iMAR” components like brake or steering or driving robots from ABD, Vehico, Stähle or other manufacturers on demand.
- The iSWACO-ARGUS package includes all you need on the proving ground for HAD and FAD vehicle verification (highly and fully automated driving vehicles), i.e.:
- Localization hardware for multiple moving objects (Traffic Simulation Vehicles TSV, Soft Crash Targets SCT, Vehicle under Test VUT), based on iMAR's INS/GNSS/ODO and optional cognitive vision technology, also operable in GNSS denied areas of a proving ground (allows also testing the VUT under real GNSS outage conditions).
- Collision warning and avoidance capability possible for each vehicle, based on INS/GNSS and machine vision.
- GNSS RTK correction data acquisition and distribution to meet position accuracy on centimetre level.
- Mobile or stationary control center with software for trajectory planning, simulation and test execution, test visualization, data storage and data analysis.
- Vehicle guidance & control system (iARGUS-VCS) including Vehicle Control Interface.
- iMAR's iDMN Dynamic Mesh Network communication with lowest latency for multiple object communication (capability of data, video and voice transmission, capable to serve 100+ participants on the proving ground on demand).
- iSWACO-ARGUS development had been supported by one of the largest German testing organizations, intending to use iSWACO-ARGUS for the homologation (type certification) of automated and autonomous Vehicles under Test (VUT) in the future.
- The implementation covers the recommendations of the future ISO 22133-1 “Road Vehicles - Test Object Monitoring and Control for Active Safety and Automated/autonomous Vehicle Testing”.
iSWACO-ARGUS: Video of operation with testing scenarios of traffic jam and a lane change (driverless driven TSV by iMAR technology without any need of any steering robot) on proving ground Pferdsfeld / Germany with TÜV-Süd Auto-Service GmbH and Volkswagen AG in 10/2017 (6:45)
iSWACO-ARGUS: Product Flyer (4 pages)
iSWACO-ARGUS: iMAR wins the Tech.AD 2018 Award for iSWACO-ARGUS during an international ceremony
Video of SoftCrashTarget with iMAR's Navigation&Control Unit iNAT-M200 inside (in collaboration with 4a-Systems)
iXCOM-CMD: Video of monitoring a lane change (driverless driven by iMAR's iSWACO-ARGUS setup without any steering robot) on proving ground Pferdsfeld / Germany with TÜV-Süd Auto-Service GmbH and Volkswagen AG in 10/2017 (1:47)
iSWACO-ARGUS: User Manual